Oxford International Study Centre is situated in the very centre of Oxford, surrounded by the Colleges of the University.
The Directors are Robert Marsden MBA, FCA ( Eton College and INSEAD) , and Carolyn Llewelyn MA, who graduated from St. Anne’s College, University of Oxford, in Modern and Medieval Languages. They have both worked in international education for over twenty years.
OISC is accredited by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (grade 1 in all categories : “outstanding”), and has UKVI Tier 4 Status. We are also members of COBIS (Council for British International Schools), NAFSA, EAIE (European Association for International Education) and associate members of the European Council of International Schools. The programmes for teachers are recognised by the EU Erasmus Plus initiative.
Connections with the University of Oxford are close:
- The International Director, the Principal, and many senior teachers studied at Oxford or Cambridge.
- Many programmes are held in the University, especially in summer, when older students may also reside there. The University is also used for professional training groups year-round.
- Programmes sometimes include lectures in the University of Oxford. Participants over 17 years staying for over three months can join the Oxford University student union and debating society(oxford-union.org)
- Guest lecturers from the University are normally included in professional training programmes.
OISC provides high quality year round and short programmes , including:
- Preparation for Oxford, Cambridge and other Russell group universities;
- Pre-University programmes with a choice of over 30 subjects . The programmes are one or two years and students take ALevel or Foundation Level qualifications. The Foundation programmes are recognised by many British Universities;
- Pre-Masters programmes including preparation for GMAT and GRE;
- Short vacation programmes for ALevel;(I)GCSE, IB, and other international examinations
- Retake programmes for (I)GCSE, ALevel and IB;
- English Language (IELTS,TOEFL,Cambridge exams);
- Academic Enrichment and Career Development programmes, which include the opportunity to observe professionals working in a variety of fields,
including Medicine and Healthcare, Tourism and Hospitality, Business and Management (bespoke);
- Semester or Year in Oxford programmes (bespoke);
- Preparation for British Boarding Schools.
Oxford International Corporate Training is the professional training division of Oxford International Study Centre. The websites are: www.oxintstudycentre.com (general education for all ages) and www.oict.co.uk (professional training). We provide programmes for teachers which are recognized by the EU Erasmus Plus project.
Study Room; Common Room; Membership of Oxford Library; Membership of Oxford University Student Union (for older students, at additional charge). Monthly reports and regular Study Skills sessions. Social and cultural programme, including excursions (daily in summer)
None for short programmes.
IELTS 5.0 for pre-university programmes (ALevels or Foundation) and good school record.
Students who do not meet the language requirement may take an intensive IELTS programme at OISC before they begin the programme.
2018/2019 Entry Fees
£6400 GBP per trimester of 12 weeks for programmes of one year or more
£525 per week for short academic programmes
From £270 per week for English Language programmes
Accommodation £230 per week family; Residence £450 per week; University (summer) £650 per week . All half board.
Up to 20% financial aid for academically able students who could not otherwise afford the programme.